Technology is something that constantly develops and one that we cannot stop. This is important for us in order to move on and reach our highest potentials as human being. The application of technology is limitless and it plays an important role in modern web design. There are a lot of things to look forward to but majority of these changes are dues to technology evolving.
Let us take for example the chat interface. It was introduced in web design with the expectation that customer behaviour will change along with it. Communication technology has evolved so much that we are now accustomed to communicating with other people through the use of various devices and mediums. From the traditional typewriter, we have moved on to use telephones and then text messaging comes into the picture. The latest trend in communication is instant messaging. There are now a number of messenger apps used all over the world such as Viber, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and many others. With the popularity of these messenger applications, businesses are thinking of changing the user interface they are using. Chat interface is now slowly gaining popularity as they have realized that they are able to combine e-commerce with customer service and social media networking.
Machine learning is now starting to take off because of the introduction of open source programs. Eventually, it is foreseen that machine learning will eventually develop into the backbone of the digital era. Machine learning has a lot of uses – it can learn how humans talk and it can even learn how to layout a certain website. Through machine learning, each website may be catered to each customer personally from the language up to the layout used.
User experience will eventually be replaced with customer experience. Everything being developed nowadays, from websites to applications, should not be separated from the whole customer experience. Designers should be able to see the bigger picture by developing something that will provide a lifetime of value for customers. As a website design agency does, every digital tool should be used in a way that will improve the customer experience.
If you have travelled by air before then you will know the struggles that every passenger faces – from the limit to the weigh baggage, the queue when it comes to security lines, seats that does not recline as much as you desire it to as well as the fact that there might be a crying baby on the flight. This might be the case for many but for those who have the money to spare in a Boeing 787, which cost around $300 to $400 million, flying will no longer be a struggle but an experience to look forward to because of the luxury that comes with it, not to mention the integrated design of the vessel.
CEO Stephen Vella is also the founder of Kestrel Aviation Management, an aviation company that has been in partnership with Pierrejean Design Studio located in Paris. The two have been partners for 15 years already and they were able to create aircraft interior design that is far from the usual cabins in regular flights. The ones they create are more personalized and with harmonious space that is compliant of the requirement set by the Federal Aviation Administration or FAA when it comes to safety and regulation standards.
According to Stephen Vella, when designing a space, what they desire if that the passenger would sit up and never want to stand back up again because everything they need are ergonomically located to where they are sitting – be it laptop storage or a water bottle. Passengers will have everything they need from a place where they can hang their jackets and space where they can store loose change. He revealed that the company is committed by paying attention to the smallest details and anticipating everything that the user might need.
He also revealed how they use multisensory experience in order to make the space calmer. Passengers travelling for more than 12 hours straight, for business or pleasure, would want a place where they have the chance to unwind. The design is manipulated through the use of lighting and colors, noise debasement as well as humidification. Thailand interior design is also well known and worth looking at if you are looking for inspirations to use in your private plane.
You probably have heard that it is important to have a strategic design for your website. Perhaps you might wonder how to implement such strategic design. Here are the steps to follow in implementing these.
- Clearly establish your goals. This is the first thing that you need to work out before you start to design your website. You have to know what the goals of your organization are. Likewise you need to know what you are trying to achieve with the new web design. What is the main purpose of your website? Ask you manager or client what those are. If you are not sure then you should have this cleared out first for you to proceed to the next phase.
- Know your audience. Your target market will play a great role in how you will design your website, on how it should function and look. There are plenty of demographics that will influence the kind of design that you will implement like age, gender, technical competency and profession. A serious business journal should be designed differently from a gaming website for the younger audience. The usability should play a much bigger role for less technical savvy and older audiences. The general aesthetic of your website should determine smaller details like the sizes of fonts in order to make sure that you will be able to relay your information clearly to your target audience. There are plenty of business websites that failed and this is no exception to Disney. In one of their websites before, the web design and layout did not offer something entertaining and catchy to the eyes of the kids who are their main target. The content was not wrapped with fun, colorful interfaces and interactive elements. The owners then decided to scrap the website and redesign it.
- Determine the image of your brand that you want to portray to the public. A lot of web designers get a little inspired by the latest trends and then implement these immediately without contemplating if it is the right image that the company should convey. You can ask the guidance of masters at http://www.perth-web-design.com.au/perth-web-design-services/web-design/.
Ecommerce has become one of the fastest growing industries in the world today and it would seem like it would only keep on growing. The fact that more and more people are turning to mobile devices also play a huge factor in this. Now, if you’re still in the traditional bricks-and-mortar business then maybe it is time for you to rethink your plans for your business. It would be best if you branch into the world of online retail as well because, right now, that is where the biggest opportunities lie. Doing so would also open your business to countless of potential clients from all over the Internet.
Now, if you are wondering how to start an online store, then let this article be your guide.
- The first thing you would have to do is get a solid ecommerce platform that you will use to build your online store. The ecommerce platform you choose will play a great role in determining your online store’s success. It would have to include all the important features as well as extras that would enhance your online store but should not be too complicated to work with.
- Next, when you design your online store, you would have to bear in mind how your customers will work through the site. Make the design user friendly and understandable.
- Create an attractive but not too complicated home page. Remember, your homepage is the first thing that potential customers will see so make it engaging and convincing enough for them to continue on with the site.
- Always think about making conversions. Make every feature of your online store conversion-motivated.
- Make sure to create an engaging product page that would bring out the best in your products. Make sure your products appear as clear as possible and should be designed in a way that would appeal to consumers.
- The checkout is also an important part of the online store. To avoid cart abandonment, you should make sure that the checkout is smooth like silk without the hassles of multiple clicks.
- Always double check your online store in order to make sure that everything is going smooth.
Business making is probably one of the most profitable trades out there. Because of this, numerous people are actually leaving their professional jobs to start their own businesses. Although when doing so, one would have to consider the profitability of the business as compared to your professional job’s regular income. Also, you need to carefully choose the type of business you will engage in and make sure it is something that you are passionate about.
Probably one of the most fun and profitable way to earn a living is to start a costume design business. When you enter the costume design industry, your main job is to create clothing for theatre, shows, special events, television and even films.
If you wish to start a costume design business, you can follow these helpful tips.
- Gather Experience. Gathering experience is important if you want to start a business in costume design. When you gather experience, you will not only be learning and improving on your skills, you will also be able to make contacts with potential future clients. Also, you will learn how to become more competitive through experience. Gathering experience can also mean an apprenticeship or a volunteer job.
- Professional Look. If you are going to engage in costume design, then people would naturally expect you to have good taste in fashion. You never know when you will meet a potential client that is why it is important that you always look your best especially when you are outside.
- Great Equipment. You would also need to invest on high quality equipment. They don’t always have to be of the latest model but it is important that you can acquire equipment that would last.
- Effective Research. In this trade, you would always have to be up-to-date with the latest trends. You would also need to buy books that are necessary to your work. No matter if you are only focusing on a single specialty like theatre or movie costumes, it is important that you always conduct effective research.
- Excellent Portfolio. Most of the time, client would ask for your portfolio. Your portfolio may be the thing that influences a client’s decision that is why it is important that you present them your best portfolio.
Web designers know a lot of things about web design. However, despite their vast knowledge on the topic they are still making the same unfortunate choices every time they make a design. As these design firms, agencies and independent designers are busy making websites for their clients, they have forgotten to update their own websites and make it up to date to the current trends and practices.
Here are some of the common mistakes that web designers should avoid:
- You need to avoid creating a flash intro that visitors cannot skip. It’s already 2015 and the flash intro is still a thing. What is even worse is that if the intro is not skipped, things will go to a bad start. You are preventing the user from doing or seeing her urgent needs. You are preventing the user from being productive. Imagine if you are forced to sit down in movie theaters to watch previews before the movie starts. You surely will not appreciate this.
- You need to avoid creating your entire website in flash. An all flash website will definitely take you back to the year 2006. But this has a major impact on the visitors of your website. No one who is making use of an iOS will be able to view your website. This is definitely killing your mobile reach. There are places that you can use Flash with but you have to play it very smart and you need to consider your target audience. Users have to see your website if they do not have the plug-in.
- Avoid having an unfriendly to mobile website. If you are designing a website for the web, you need to think about the content friendly to mobile phones. It is recommended that you take a mobile first approach when planning, conceiving, copyrighting, review and testing including the release and revisions of the website.
If you are looking for a website to help you in designing your own website, you can visit www.perth-web-design.com.au/. The company employs expert web designers and ensures that they meet the requirements of their clients.