Six Important Mexican Dating Customs
Every country has its own set of rules and traditions. Mexico is a traditional country where most of the people are traditional and religious. The relationship between men and women in Mexico are governed by the catholic dating rules.
Men who are interested in pursuing Mexican women, should make themselves aware of some of the important Mexican dating customs. Getting to know these traditions and following them is an easy way to impress your Mexican girlfriend.
- The gender are roles are distinctive and clearly defined in Mexican dating. Men are supposed to be dominant and women submissive. Men take the lead and approach the women. Women wait for the man to persuade them and propose a date. Though most modern Mexican women are confident and do not like to be stereotyped. Most of the traditional women in Mexico still follow this custom.
- Flirting or pirepo is a common custom in Mexico. Men pass flirty comments and address the women with endearing nicknames.
- Mexican dating customs allow for public display of affection. They do not mind holding hands, hugging and kissing in public.
- Mexican men are raised to be the providers of the family while the women are raised to take care of home and children. The men are dominant and expect the women to take care of all his whims and fancies. Most of the educated and career oriented Mexican women refuse to obey this custom, it is commonly seen in the rural areas and traditional households.
- Mexican dating traditions expect the men to be chivalrous. They should approach the woman with a proposal for a date, pay for the date and drop the woman at her home. This shows that the man cares for the woman and her safety.
- Mexican culture is largely family oriented. Most of the women live with their extended families comprising of grandmother, grandfather, uncles and aunts. Meeting the family and impressing them is an important part of Mexican dating custom. Mexican women are very attached to their families and the approval of each and every member of the family is essential to take the relationship forward. Keep in mind to treat the girl with respect and care in order to be accepted by the family.